Friday, December 10, 2010

West Wrestling….Christmas Wish List!


West Wrestling….
Christmas Wish List!
 
 
Sometime early in September as the NEW Head Wrestling Coach at West Iredell I met a lot of eager young men.
 
I found out very quickly that many of these young men were in great need.
 
I remember meeting a lot of these young men who were Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who'd never come out for wrestling before.
 
I wondered why that was….
 
Some of them just looked so athletic and had great attitudes….
 
I couldn't understand WHY they had NOT come out in previous years.
 
Then I met a young man we'll call Bruce.
 
Bruce was a Senior – Never Wrestled and had one of the nicest enthusiastic attitudes I've ever experienced.
 
So like the others, I asked Bruce….
 
Why NOW – why did you not come out earlier in your high school career?
 
He said, "Coach I never had the money to get Wrestling Shoes or pay for the Physical!"
 
I was floored!
 
Not only did HE NOT have the resources BUT he was fearful of what others would think.
 
To this day WE still are making promises to kids to come out…. We'll get you shoes, we'll help with a physical and it's cost.
 
To this day WE still have kids wrestling in socks!
 
The POINT is WE NEED your HELP!
 
WE know and I certainly Know having 5 kids of my own that times are extremely tough.
 
BUT maybe – just maybe… YOU can Help or you know someone who knows someone who can help these kids….Our Kids!
Here is a list of the Items WE desperately NEED:
 
  1. Wrestling Shoes – New or Used!
  2. AntiBacterial Soap
  3. Bandaids
  4. Nail Clippers
  5. Disposable Razors
  6. Shaving Cream
  7. Neosporin
  8. Bleach
  9. Lysol
  10. Donations ($$$)
 
As WE gear up for a weekend of 8 matches in TWO Days I want to Thank You for being such a wonderful group of people.
 
I know God is going to do some Awesome things through this community I Praise Him for that!
 
Take Care & God Bless,
 
And Merry Christmas to all of YOU!
 
Coach Tommy Pavia
Newsletter Sign-up Link:  http://eepurl.com/bl68L

No comments:

Post a Comment